Love Ronit Elkabetz, Check out top 8 Uknown Facts about Ronit Elkabetz here.
1. Ronit Elkabetz is the wife of popular architect Avner Yashar.
2. She never studied acting and started her career as a model.
3. She had a twin son and daughter.
4. One of her younger brothers Shlomi was also a director, and both of them worked together on the trilogy Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem.
5. In 2015 she was selected to be the President of the Jury for the International Critics' Week section of the 2015 Cannes Film Festival.
6. During her final years, she was honorary president of the Mizrahi Feminist movement "Ahoti – for Women in Israel", and volunteered in the organization's activities, such as the fair trade store and clothing drives.
7. In May 2010, Elkabetz received the France Culture award at the Cannes Film Festival, a prize awarded to filmmakers for quality work and social involvement. The judges described her as a "woman teeming with passion and erotica, who can even play the queen of Egypt."
8. In 2010, Elkabetz received a lifetime achievement award from the Israeli Film Academy for her contribution to Israeli cinema.